find somethin' on this blog.

2.03.2009

strawberry shortcake quilt.

When I was a wee one, I had a pair of footed Strawberry Shortcake pajamas. You know the painfully polyester variety, with the plastic foot treads that cracked after many washing? yep those were my favorite. When I was a little girl i had the doll and all of her strangely scented friends the strawberry house and garden. It was awesome. My dad started calling me his Strawberry Shortcake baby, and it stuck.... now, if he is feeling especially sweet, he will call me that. I have an affinity for this summery treat and all the memories it holds for me.




Nevermind that there are cherries on the back...The fabric went so well together!





No, it isn't the licensed Strawberry Shortcake here. Although, a vintage piece of Strawberry Shortcake fabric would be great in this quilt. This quilt has been in my mind for a while. It is constructed of both new and old fabrics, the strawberry prints are actually pretty old.
Happy Sewing~



9 comments:

carolyn said...

hey...this came out great!

alittlebitofscrap said...

It's adorable! Love the combination of the different fabrics. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm loving all the red. Makes me so inspired for Valentines!

I wasn't such a wee one when Strawberry Shortcake was out. I was about 10. I still LOVE her.

Joanne Huffman said...

It's an absolutely lovely quilt. By the way, Becky says hi.

Joanne

Anonymous said...

this is so adorable! It makes me think of strawberry shortcake too. I'm loving those fabrics you put together,

ma zawi said...

hi. is this quilt for sale? its perfect for a little sweetheart i know! please tell me how i can purchase this beautiful gem!

Cheryl said...

If I could sew, I would sew this quilt. Beautiful! I love all the colors so much. And I, too, loved (and still do!) Strawberry Shortcake. I'm happy to see her back and everytime I see something I pick it up to smell it - brings back sweet memories. I even saw some Strawberry Shortcake perfume...hmmmmm, might have to pick it up just even to spray on days when I need a little happy.

Aunt Spicy said...

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I am dying at this quilt! I so love the reds and the fabrics! Your quilts are beautiful, I can not stop looking through your blog!

Amanda Jean said...

what a sweet little quilt! love it! the simplicity of the squares is perfect.