find somethin' on this blog.

6.25.2010

new glasses, new coasters.

Where in the heck has June gone? I've been quietly working away in the studio on some projects that I'll share soon. I've been keeping an eye on most of my regular blog reads every few days or so but am looking forward to business as usual.

Earlier this week I scored a small set of the cutest glassware (thank you Salvation Army) and I thought I should make some coasters to match. Well--kind of. I used some vintage cotton fabric and centered some dumb dots in the middle, quilting them in the quilt as you go style....

I love them. I love my glasses.

I'll be back soon when the heat gets so intolerable that I cannot even stand to be in the swimming pool...I hear it's going to be 90 degrees on Sunday. For those of you in arid zones...Michigan is hot and humid. yuck.

Thanks for stopping!

11 comments:

Anna said...

cute cute! Yes, it's so humid and rainy here, icky!

custom sewing said...

Love the coasters- what a great idea!

Stephanie said...

They are the prettiest coasters!!!! Love the colors and design :)

RosaMarĂ­a said...

those are a really pretty coasters!

Joanne Huffman said...

The glasses look cute, and the coasters are perfect for them.

Terriaw said...

I love these new coasters! They look awesome underneath your fabulous new glasses. What a great find.

Unknown said...

Lovely little things. The fabric is perfect!

ayumills said...

Those coasters are so perfect for your new glasses! I enjoy going to Salvation Army too ;)

Rebekah said...

eek...those glasses are amazing! (they'd make a cool screenprinted shirt too)

Your coasters look perfect with them. The stitching is so pretty!

natalie. beyond the reef said...

Can you tell me how you do the edges?
natalie@beyondthereefpatterns.com

Dale Abbott said...

Hi - I LOVE these coasters! the world needs more cloth coasters - they make so much sense! These are BEAUTIFUL! Can I order a set?