find somethin' on this blog.

6.10.2009

summer handbag.

Yesterday I was doing a little re-organizing and trying to get rid of some things that I haven't used in a while. Typically, for me this means shuffling through boxes, getting distracted by photos and keepsakes, then piling most everything back into the same box. There is no exception to this rule; I came across a bag of vintage curtains that I have had for some time and I threw a curtain in the wash and started this purse. Needless to say, the closet looks the same and I have acquired a cute lil' bag.


I made a little stamp tag with "cb" for craftyblossom on it. My friends are always asking me why I don't put little tags on my items and I guess I just think craftyblossom is too much of a mouthful. What do you think? Oh, i sewed some more pockets inside with the floral fabric but the photos didn't turn out... my luck.
On a different note, I received an email from a woman named Connie who is putting together a directory of quilting (maybe sewing too?) blogs. I only had a second to check it out, but it looks like she has quite the list going. She is going to add my name to the list, you should too! Get a gander here. I hope to be back here again soon!

7 comments:

Terriaw said...

What a sweet bag! I love the story about how it came to be. Isn't that always what happens when you intend to reorganize? That is a great list of quilting blogs you mentioned.

alittlebitofscrap said...

love the fabric and the bag is adorable!

Aunt Spicy said...

What a fabulous bag! And love the little CB label! I definitely think you need labels, "CB" is cute, but some that say "Craftyblossom" would also be fun!

Joanne Huffman said...

I love your tag - it's got the same elegant simplicity that I love in your work. And congrats on being included in a directory.

Joanne

Rebekah said...

cute bag! I love the fabric that you used and your label is adorable too!

Cheryl said...

Great bag. And I love the stamp - great idea and extra reminder to friends and loved ones.

Amanda said...

Lovely bag!

I have the same way of reorganizing, let me tell you! I'll have one pile for trash/giveaway, but without a doubt there is a bigger pile that just goes right back where it was, perhaps a tad more neat looking though :)