find somethin' on this blog.

7.04.2012

red, white and blue.

Happy Independence Day! 


I made these red, white and blue quilt blocks years ago (there are two identical blocks). In fact, they are the first quilt blocks that I ever sewed. EVER. I should have taken a picture of the back. I think I used a super-generous 1/8" seam allowance. ha. If I ever decide to use them, they will need to be heavily quilted to avoid possible disaster in the seams.
Aside from the teeny-tiny seam allowance, I still think they're pretty.


Anyway, It's been 100 degrees outside today and I refused to take part in any outdoor festivities. Instead, I lollygagged about the house and watched America's Funniest Home Videos (AFV for those of you in the know). That's patriotic, right?


{All-American vintage feed sacks in patriotic hues}

Have a safe and happy 4th! 

~erica

3 comments:

Laurel's Quill said...

great vintage fabrics...I see an apron in your future!!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

OooOoO those feedsacks look pretty! I can't wait to see what you do with them! :) And very pretty blocks too!~Nice and festive! :) xo Holly

Joanne Huffman said...

Somehow I missed this post. Very sweet first blocks (my first quilt had a tiny seam allowance and I was shocked to see the seams give).