find somethin' on this blog.

10.23.2009

mustard tote.

Perhaps I have been enjoying Fall too much that I had nearly forgotten how much I love to lurk around Blogland. I can't believe that it has been over a month since I've stopped in here. There is so much I love about this time of year that I feel the need to soak it up while i can. I have taken full advantage of this season; Butternut squash and apple soup to keep me warm, cider to keep me sweet and cider mill donuts to plump me.

I've also been quite busy in the studio. Most recently I have been working on some smallish messenger totes that I am completely in love with. I had made a few in other designs with some vintage fabric patches but then I saw the Fall '09 Stitch Magazine cover and just about flipped! Not only did I love the tote on the cover, it was from Ayumi of Pink Penguin. I knew that she had been asked to feature a project but the cover is quite the accomplishment. How great is that? Congratulations Ayumi!

This project was the infusion of my mini-messenger and her tote, and I can't wait to use this. I used a mustard colored cotton/linen blend for the body and used vintage and linen for the strippy patches. I made the adjustable black strap from linen too.


And here is my new label with many thanks to Sarah of The Small Object whom I had the privilege of meeting (albeit briefly) at the Renegade Craft Fair Chicago. She is an amazing designer, check her out!
I hope to share more really soon......until then...
SEW SOMETHING!

11 comments:

Andi said...

great tote!!!

Tracey said...

hi! Not sure how (or even when) i started following your blog, but do enjoy it. I usually spend my saturday mornings surfing through blog land, getting tons of ideas and lists of "things to make" but I never end up getting to that list. I read your blog second this morning, and i'm taking your advice, instead of sitting here, i'm going to go and sew something! Thanks for the inspiration and the "get-to-it" approach! Here i go! ha ha

ps - love the colours and layout of the tote!

Terriaw said...

This tote looks like the perfect size! I love the colors, the patchwork, and the black strap. I must pick up a copy of that Fall issue of Stitches cuz now I'm totally inspired. One day I will make it to the Chicago edition of the Renegade fair.

wishes, true and kind said...

Great small tote! I always think that a tote that size would come in very handy.

RosaMarĂ­a said...

great tote!! i like the mustard color! and your new label is so great!!!!

Cristin said...

CUTE little bag! I adore mustard yello! And Dang I love fall!

sewtakeahike said...

REally, really cute Erica! Love the butternut with gray!

Wendy said...

Great little bag and love the colors! I've been 'off' for about a month too - its good to be back, eh?

ayumills said...

I LOVE your little messenger bag so much!!! I think the colors are perfect for this season and I am in love with the plaid vintage fabric you used for one of the patches!!
Thank you for your sweet message for me, Erica!

chris baker said...

I LOVE this bag!! If I stumbled on that in a boutique it would so be mine!!!

Karen said...

Love the tote bag!