find somethin' on this blog.

6.22.2009

pencil pouch.

I found a sweet little project for my Japanese fabric. (I'm not going to hoard it all!) It is the "Picasso Pencil Case" from Cassie Barden's book The New Handmade. It's a simple pattern with easy construction, and is helping to get me past my fear of zippers. I tend to have trouble with zippers, I either sew way too far away from the zipper that it looks funny or I sew too close and then I can't get a straight line. Practice, I suppose.
Have a wonderful Monday!

6 comments:

carolyn said...

I have some robots that I'm hording so maybe I'll make one too!Very cute...and I'm with you on that zipper thing.

Joanne Huffman said...

I share your fear of zippers and am trying to work more with them. The pencil case is adorable.

Joanne

alittlebitofscrap said...

Adorable and you did a fantastic job!

Terriaw said...

What a perfect way to use those adorable Japanese fabrics you have! Great job with this fabulous zippered pouch!

Rebekah said...

cute pouch! I have yet to conquer the zippered pouch.

Heather said...

This is so adorable!