find somethin' on this blog.

3.12.2009

Final Draft.

I have made two of these baby quilts in the last couple of weeks... I am glad the second was not as rough as the first. Apparently, chocolate brown linen should be washed before it is incorporated into a quilt. I just love the way that fabric crinkles when washed and dried after quilting that I didn't even think to do it. Having never had a quilting catastrophe (I would classify my first quilt as such), I must say that I learned my lesson. This quilt came out wonderfully and I am very happy with it. I hope that the recipient is as pleased as I am.



All wrapped and ready to go, this cutie is headed to live out its life in Chicago!

~happy sewing!

10 comments:

MichelleB said...

It's beautiful! I'm sure that it will be much loved.

Joanne Huffman said...

It's a lovely quilt and is sure to make someone in Chicago very happy.

Joanne

Amy Friend said...

I came over looking for the runner you said you made. Will that be up today? I love the baby quilt though! It makes me want to start another quilt.... I can't believe that you had to remake it though. There would have been a lot of tears if it were me!! Thanks for popping over to my blog. I love comments :)

Black Eyed Susie said...

Just beautiful.

Lifeasahoosier said...

Love it! It will be well received I'm sure! By the way, I tried out the basting spray and I love it! I say give it a try :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable. I love the animal print fabric--so cute!

alittlebitofscrap said...

they would be crazy not to be pleased, hello.. they are adorable! :) One day, I'm gonna try this...

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

Ohhhh, I love it!

Amanda said...

Love the fabric in this baby quilt! Looks like it turned out great!

Auntjune said...

I love this quilt! It's beautiful, and so is your blog!