find somethin' on this blog.

3.04.2009

en route.

My brother should be receiving this package today....it was a long time coming. I made the card using scrap fabric, leftovers from his quilt. I hope he likes it!!

In other news, i feel i should explain my absence since my excitement from the previous quilt has fizzled. I finished it, it was perfect, until....I washed it. What was I thinking using a chocolate brown linen and not pre-washing? It ran. It ran faster than Jackie Joyner Kersee. Oh was I ever miffed....I used about $20 dollars worth of tide -togo pens, a whole box of shout color catchers, a whole bottle of spray and wash, endless detergents, Oxypen, you name it. It is now probably the cleanest, dye-stained quilt that ever was. I must be honest, the dye came out of all but one square which was white and the dye was stuck under the stitches. Frustration got the best of me and in between washings I started another quilt just like it. I am halfway done quilting it and hope to work on the binding tomorrow afternoon.

Lesson learned.

4 comments:

MichelleB said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your quilt! That is so frustrating.

Terriaw said...

Cute little handmade tag!

What a bummer to hear that news about your quilt! I would have screamed and cried, and maybe even needed a mental health day. Good therapy you started another one right away!

Joanne Huffman said...

I truly feel your pain!

Joanne

Cheryl said...

Oh no! As I read this my stomach got a little sick. That's awful. I can totally see doing this. Sounds like with exception to that one area you got it taken care of.