find somethin' on this blog.

5.26.2008

turtle quilt.




I just finished the binding on this hand-quilted little piece yesterday morning. The binding that I used to dread so much is now my favorite part. Hand stitching the binding is such a mindless and relaxing task! This mini-quilt is not big enough to use as a blanket but is better as a wall-hanging. I am really very pleased with the way that it turned out. This was an experiment and i was in no hurry to get it done. I have been picking it up and putting it down for the last couple of months. Good things do come to those who wait! Happy Memorial Day.

2 comments:

cutfingerproductions said...

Hello again! Love the stitching on the dark brown bit did you do this by hand? I hate binding it always takes away from my pieces...I need to practice...BAD:)glad u figured it out!there's hope for me after all....

meyer said...

hi, I found your blog over at cfp's site... love this quilt with the red bit!